Download Australian History from an Aboriginal perspective (Robbie Thorpe PART 1 of 5) video on savevid.com
Download Australian History from an Aboriginal perspective (Robbie Thorpe PART 1 of 5) streaming video in flv, mp4, avi formats direct easily on Savevid.com.
Australian History from an Aboriginal perspective (Robbie Thorpe PART 1 ...
- Provider: YouTube Link:
- Rate: Please rate this video Views: 1 Downloads: 4
Part 1: Robbie Thorpe, of the Gunai people in S/E Victoria, giving a talk to Law students at Deakin University (Geelong, Australia) on 15 May 2009. **IN 5 Parts**
Visit Robbie's website:
1. The Legal questions of GENOCIDE and JURISDICTION. Do Australian courts have the jurisdiction to charge Aborigines in Australia? Under what jurisdiction? What is the real LAW of the LAND?
2. Climate change and Environmental Sustainability. Indigenous culture managed to sustain their way of life for 60,000+ years; European colonizers have almost destroyed the Australian ecosystem after barely 200 years of settlement. Is the ecocide fundamentally connected to the genocide and to European colonization and its industrial revolution?
3. Thoughts on the Native Title process, of which Robbie has recently started collaborating in preparing the Gunai/Kurnai claim for his mob. STAY TUNED to TheJuiceMedia for updates on this claim!
4. An overview of Aboriginal Activism and HISTORY key people tied to the topics of Sovereignty, Treaty, Terra Nullius the Aboriginal Embassy.
- Category: Flag video