Download John Cameron sings songs by Butterworth - part II of II video on savevid.com
Download John Cameron sings songs by Butterworth - part II of II streaming video in flv, mp4, avi formats direct easily on Savevid.com.
John Cameron sings songs by Butterworth - part II of II
- To download Youtube videos you should click "Run" when java window opens. Enable "Always trust content from the publisher" to download seamlessly in the future.
- Download video
- Provider: Link:
- Rate: Please rate this video Views: 0 Downloads: 1
Part II of II: Gerald Moore accompanies the Australian baritone John Cameron (1918-2002) in these songs by George Butterworth. Cameron sings all of "A Shropshire Lad" songs except "The lads in their hundreds" and sings several from the "Bredon Hill" set. The songs are divided into two video clips. Link to part 1 is at:
Songs I-V in part 1; songs VI-IX in part 2.
- Loveliest of Trees
- When I Was One and Twenty
- Look Not in My Eyes
- Think No More, Lad
- Is My Team Ploughing
- Bredon Hill
- When the Lad for Longing Sighs
- On the Idle Hill of Summer
- With Rue My Heart Is Laden
Housman's collection of poetry was published in 1896.
Butterworth composed these songs in 1911-1912.
link to two additional songs - "Lads in Their Hundreds" and "Oh Fair Enough are Sky and Plain":
(pictured in part 2 is George Butterworth)
And here is a link to Cameron singing with Elsie Morison from the Beggar's Opera:
- Category: Flag video