Download New Replication Features video on savevid.com
Download New Replication Features streaming video in flv, mp4, avi formats direct easily on Savevid.com.
New Replication Features
- Provider: YouTube Link:
- Rate: Please rate this video Views: 4 Downloads: 3
Mats Kindahl (Sun Microsystems), Lars Thalmann (MySQL) speak at the 2010 O'Reilly MySQL User Conference & Expo
From the official conference description at
In this talk, the developers behind MySQL Replication walk through some of the new Replication features of MySQL 5.5:
- Heartbeating is used to manage that the master and slave connection is always up.
- Semi-synchronous Replication is used to ensure that any update of the master is on the slave before transaction is acknowleged to the user.
- Replication Server Filtering ensures that the user can more easily replicate in a circle.
- Relay log synchronization ensures that the slave is restartable without clearing the relay log in case of crashes.
- Show relay log events to see what is in the relay log similar to how you can use the SHOW BINLOG EVENTS to see what is in the binary log.
- Support in mysqlbinlog for remote backup of binary logs.
- Category: Flag video