Download PAUT MOTOR- INNOVATION-THE MOST POWERFUL GASOLINE ENGINE.wmv video on savevid.com
Download PAUT MOTOR- INNOVATION-THE MOST POWERFUL GASOLINE ENGINE.wmv streaming video in flv, mp4, avi formats direct easily on Savevid.com.
PAUT MOTOR- INNOVATION-THE MOST POWERFUL GASOLINE ENGINE.wmv
- Provider: YouTube Link:
- Rate: Please rate this video Views: 43 Downloads: 5
Prototype 2 is performed as an engine with two-sided pistons, positioned at 90° to each other, in combination with PAUT two-stroke cycles (fig 1). Such construction provides an engine containing less assembling parts, having smaller mass to power and overall-dimensions to power ratios, which are the presumptions for a successful product to be accomplished and for low cost production/exploitation to be expected. Smaller mass, compared to the prior art engines, derives from the fact that PAUT engine contains considerably less assembling parts lacking elements such as: rods, camshafts, camshaft's driving parts, some valves, large heads.
The very construction of the two-sided piston (fig 3) has more advantages. Contact area between two-sided piston and cylinder is considerably larger compared to prior art pistons. Hence, specific pressures are lower and since the two-sided piston is lubricated under the pressure, the friction is considerably smaller, the more so as we know that normal force Fn in the engine center equals zero (fig 2a).
All these results with less wear of the piston and the cylinder. Such a two-sided piston has considerably smaller mass compared to the prior art assembly it replaces, consisting of two pistons with their prison-shafts and two belonging rods, resulting in lessening of linear motion inertial forces.
This construction has still more advantages as compared
to prior art engines such as:
- better controlled cooling of cylinders not being adjoined to each other
- smaller friction inside the engine due to less moving parts
- increasing the capacity of this engine, though considerably, results in overall dimensions to increase only slightly
- gravity center is posted lower (it is in the engine center)
- better forces configuration in the very engine, while negative forces and torques nullify each other completely (fig 2b)
- it is possible to dismount pistons and cylinders without entire dismounting of the engine
- no special tools nor machines were used to produce this engine
- there is less noise due to the design of the two-sided piston
- though the cycle is of two-strokes, the lubrication is performed as if it was four-strokes
The objections on this construction should be as follows:
- due to the compressed construction , the starter should be mounted on the gear box, but with some endeavour it is possible to mount it on the very engine
- the force on the output journal of the crankshaft (fig 2a) is twice compared to the one at prior art engines, but this problem becomes negligible with a proper design of the journal and of the operating shaft bearings
- there is no oil sump at this engine, hence an additional oil-pump is needed
- since it is a two-stroke cycle engine, the engine cylinders are submited to higher mechanical and thermical load comparing to four-strike cycle
Prototype 2 - characteristics (technical data):
• Two-stroke engine
• Engine-block measurments with heads mounted 500mm x 440mm x 440mm
• Engine two-sided piston diameter 100 mm
• Compressor two-sided piston diameter 120 mm
• Two-sided piston stroke 88 mm
• Capacity 7000 cm3
• Number of chambers 4(engine) + 4(compressor)
• Number of two-sided pistons 2(engine) + 2(compressor)
• Weight 135 kg
• Power, torque and specific consumption have not been measured as yet.
- Category: Flag video